Typically a facility of this type is the hub of any professional design studio; it is a key learning resource at RSID. It houses a comprehensive and current collection of interior product catalogues and materials relevant to the study and practice of interior design. The centre also has a small reference collection of books and magazines. There is also a “cutting area” where you may take samples for your presentation needs. The Centre is normally staffed by a Resource Specialist and student assistants.
The centre staff are there to:
- aid students with research regarding interior materials and furnishing/equipment
- advise on FF&E project requirements
- order special samples from manufacturers when warranted
- keep students apprised of new, innovative and sustainable interior materials and products
- coordinate informal information sessions for students
The more you take the time to learn about products, the more successful your projects become.